Izra Marie Jans is a photographer, currently living and working in Brussels.
Her work often derives from her immersion into the momental situation: what and where she is experiencing, is what stimulates her. The camera is a means to understand the world around her and solve her own curiosities.
Through her pictures, found images/documents, and sometimes video, she communicates her perception on the investigation of her surrounding. Starting from an almost desperate attempt to capture something complex and evanescent, she shows images as clues for her analytical view on a certain atmosphere, balancing between intimacy and distance.
1. Part of an ongoing research linked to hospitals and medicine (2015-...)
2. Shit happens, from the series Partition (2017)
3. from the series Partition (2018)
4. from the series Hunting a Cloud (2018)
5. Chamissoplatz – Yuna, from the series Hunting a Cloud (2018)